Sunday, September 7, 2008

Let them eat cake!

A few months ago I (Jenn) decided to take some cake decorating classes. I've always enjoyed art and baking so I thought that it would be a fun to combine the two. The best part is that you get to eat it when you're done! It was a lot of fun learning the different techniques with cake, icing, fondant, tools, etc. There are so many things you can do. Some of it is actually a lot easier than it looks. I would love to have a cake decorating business someday. It would be so much fun to be able to make a job out of a talent. Maybe someday! These are the cakes I've made so far.

This is the first cake I made during class

I made this cake for Em's birthday. I was just playing around with some of the techniques I'd learned


This was the circus freak cake we made in class! I also turned that one into Em's b-day cake

I learned how to make roses out of frosting during the first course. That is definitely as hard as it looks!

This is a baby shower cake I made for my sister's friend


I made this for my brother-in-law's birthday. It was a lot of fun to make and he loved it. It's kind of a joke cake!


This was my first fondant cake. It's like working with playdough that's edible


My first tiered cake

My first cake sale!!!

It's been a lot of fun learning how to decorate cakes. If you're ever in need of a cake, I'm always looking for an excuse to make one:)

4 comments:

nate and anne said...

Those cakes are so awesome Jenn! I hadn't seen the fondant cake with the big pink ribbon...so cute! You need to start a business! :)

Jenni said...

Wow you are becoming quite the talented cake decorator! Those look really good!

shawnalyne said...

you are amazing! we need to have you guys over for dinner soon!

Tiffany Ochsner said...

yep :) new puppy! we had him a couple weeks when I finally got the post up..haha. then I sent you and Anne "the" email a couple days after you left on your trip ;)
can't wait to see pictures! how fun!