Thursday, July 24, 2008

The story of us

It all started with a wink...an online wink! In May of 2006 we found each other on match.com...it really does work!
We spent two weeks getting to know each other through emails and phone calls and then went on our first date. It was love at first site! There I was...sitting in the Old Chicago lobby talking on my cell phone... Jason walked in, saw me sitting there, and got a big smile on his face. Maybe it's because I was talking on the phone, but I think it's because of the cute scrubs I was wearing! We proceeded to have dinner during which I was so nervous I made a fool of myself. I stumbled over my words, told him how cute he was, and dropped my piece of bread on the table! I guess he must have liked me though because he asked me out for the next night. He was the one nervous on the second date!
We spent our second date in downtown Portland where we had dinner and then took a nice walk around the waterfront. I do not recommend wearing new sandals for a 2 mile walk! We walked, I limped, our way to some grass where we sat down and continued talking. It was there that, under the stars and bright lights of Portland, we shared our first kiss! Hey, at least it wasn't the first date!
In July, Jason asked me to accompany him to Montana for his cousin's wedding. He must have really liked me to introduce me to his family so soon:) We had an amazing time and it was during that trip I knew I would marry him one day...I think he felt the same!
Valentine's day, 2007, I was told to be ready by 6pm. Jason showed up looking very handsome with a dozen red roses and a card. We headed out for our suprise evening which brought us to downtown Portland for a dinner cruise on the Portland Spirit. We shared some appetizers and then went up to the top deck of the boat. It was about that time that the boat left the dock and began floating down river. As the boat drifted past the spot where we had our first kiss, he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! Although I had a feeling it might happen, I was still in shock so he had to ask twice!
We were married on October 12, 2007. The wedding was wonderful, everything we'd hoped for!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it...almost cried at the sappy part where Jason gave his single manhood as he knew it away to you...all worth it in the end! Keep the updates coming. Love you both - Mean it!

Buck

Tiffany Ochsner said...

looks cool Jenn :) on the blog train eh... just remember I was the first (of us 3 anyway) hahah. :)
it'll be cool to check it out.
peace!

rae ann said...

just popping in to say hi! cute blog! you guys look like you're doing really well. your house is beautiful!

Will Thomas said...

Yay, for a new blogger and Yay for another online dating success turned marriage. That is Jenni & I's story!